[Python-Dev] proposed Tkinter change; any likelihood of acceptance?

Guido van Rossum guido@python.org
Sat, 28 Jun 2003 17:41:14 -0400

> The primary change is to add a "name" argument to the Variable.__init__,
> bringing it in line with other Tkinter classes. The justification is to
> allow users to create new Tkinter variables that point to existing tcl
> variables (e.g. somewhat similar to nametowidget). In some cases this
> may be more convenient than using setvar and getvar.

I haven't seen any other responses to this; I propose that it's too
late for 2.3b2 given that it's a feature change with somewhat unclear
consequences.  For 2.3.1 or 2.4 I'd be okay.