[Python-Dev] PyObject_New vs PyObject_NEW

M.-A. Lemburg mal@lemburg.com
Wed, 12 Mar 2003 13:57:25 +0100

David Abrahams wrote:
> Someone I work with recently caused a test to start asserting in VC7's
> instrumented free() call, using a pydebug build.  He explained the
> change this way:
>
> "I switched from PyObject_New to PyObject_NEW, which according to it's
> documentation omits the check for type_object != 0 and consequently
> should run a little bit faster"
>
> [he doesn't ever pass 0 as the typeobject]
>
> Did he miss some other important fact about PyObject_NEW? Does the
> doc need to be fixed?

Does he use PyObject_DEL() to free the object ?

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Software directly from the Source  (#1, Mar 12 2003)
Python UK 2003, Oxford:                                     20 days left
EuroPython 2003, Charleroi, Belgium:                       104 days left