[Python-Dev] PyObject_New vs PyObject_NEW

Tim Peters tim.one@comcast.net
Wed, 12 Mar 2003 13:18:29 -0500

[David Abrahams]
> I was the one who discovered the problem, using Python 2.2.2.
> Curiously, "someone" missed it because he was using vc6 instead of
> vc7.

So you were using VC7.  If so, using it for what?  Every stick of code in
question, or were you mixing VC7-compiled code with VC6-compiled code?  If
the latter, talk to Microsoft (by most accounts their runtime support
libraries aren't compatible with each other).

[traceback freeing a tuple]

> Both answers seem to amount to "'someone' must have a bug in his
> code".  Am I reading that correctly?

Yes, for the right meaning of "someone".  Possibilities beyond you include
Python and Microsoft.  Best guess I can make based on what you haven't told
us yet is that you were mixing the released Python 2.2.2 Windows core DLL
(built with MSVC6) with extension code using MSVC7 C runtime libraries.
Right or wrong?