[Python-Dev] PyObject_New vs PyObject_NEW

Tim Peters tim.one@comcast.net
Wed, 12 Mar 2003 13:57:34 -0500

[David Abrahams]
> Python was compiled with vc6, the rest with vc7.  I test this
> combination regularly and have never seen a problem.

You have now <wink>.

> Sure, but that's only an issue if you are allocating resources in one
> runtime lib and deallocating in another AFAIK.  There's nothing
> beyond memory allocation going on here, and the type object in
> question has a custom deallocator which goes to the same runtime that
> allocated it.

See my later msg -- returning memory to a heap it wasn't obtained from is
fatal enough.  The object memory itself is in question here, not memory
allocated *by* the object.  Look at the traceback you sent if the
distinction isn't clear.