How long is your shopping tuple? (Re: [Python-Dev] Ridiculously minor tweaks?)

Greg Ewing greg@cosc.canterbury.ac.nz
Thu, 13 Mar 2003 10:27:31 +1300 (NZDT)

Guido:
> Tuples are for heterogeneous data, list are for homogeneous data.
> Tuples are *not* read-only lists.

Weird things are happening in my brain this morning. After
reading this thread, I was replying to something unrelated
and had the occasion to use the phrase "It's on my list"...
and I briefly wondered whether I should use the word
"tuple" instead!

Somehow "It's on my tuple" doesn't have quite the same
ring to it. So, yes, tuples ARE different from lists...