[Python-Dev] test_posix failures?

Thomas Wouters thomas@xs4all.net
Mon, 17 Mar 2003 23:42:33 +0100

On Mon, Mar 17, 2003 at 02:25:56PM -0800, mstone@ugcs.caltech.edu wrote:

> > I think the test should be removed. I'm the one who added it, but
> > there have been too many problems with it to make it useful.
> > I will remove it later, unless someone beats me to it.

> In each case given the exception thrown is an OSError: [Errno 2] No
> such file or directory, apparently due to inability to locate utmp.

No, the inability to locate the attached terminal in utmp (as I showed in my
example.) But this is not documented behaviour -- at least not on Linux,
BSDI and FreeBSD. I'm not able to reproduce the behaviour on the latter two,
but this may be because screen's "log-out" code isn't working properly. In
any case, we can't really rely on it only throwing OSError, but it's
probably 'good enough for our purposes'.

> (Now if anyone wants to look into the test_socket problem at 697556....)

A different bug report in the same bugreport  ? Not suprising no one looked
at it ;)
--
Thomas Wouters <thomas@xs4all.net>