[Python-Dev] Re: More int/long integration issues

Chad Netzer cnetzer@mail.arc.nasa.gov
21 Mar 2003 14:42:07 -0800

On Fri, 2003-03-21 at 06:55, Guido van Rossum wrote:

> > > Hm, maybe range() shouldn't be an iterator but an interator
> > > generator.  No time to explain; see the discussion about restartable
> > > iterators.

Hmmm. Now that've uploaded my patch extending range() to longs, I'd like
to work on this.  I've already written a C range() iterator
(incorporating PyLongs), and it would be very nice to have it
automatically be a lazy range() when used in a loop.

In any case, assuming you are quite busy, but would consider this for
the 2.4 timeframe, I will do some work on it. If it is already being
covered, I'll gladly stay away from it. :)

--
Bay Area Python Interest Group - http://www.baypiggies.net/

Chad Netzer
(any opinion expressed is my own and not NASA's or my employer's)