[Python-Dev] _socket efficiencies ideas

"Martin v. Löwis" martin@v.loewis.de
Fri, 02 May 2003 11:55:42 +0200

Anthony Baxter wrote:

> Ah. That could be the case - I think I'm loading the address from an
> XML file in the test case I used... will fix that.

If you mean "I'll fix the test case to not use XML anymore" - that
might be reasonable.

If you mean "I'll fix the test case to convert the Unicode arguments to
byte strings before passing them to the socket module", I suggest that
this should not be needed: the IDNA codec should complete quickly if the
Unicode string is ASCII only (perhaps not as fast as converting the
string to ASCII beforehand, but not significantly slower).

Regards,
Martin