[Python-Dev] Demos and Tools in binary distributions

Michael Hudson mwh@python.net
Fri, 02 May 2003 16:03:52 +0100

Jack Jansen <Jack.Jansen@cwi.nl> writes:

> There's a suggestion over on pythonmac-sig that I add the Demos and
> Tools directories to a binary installer for MacPython for OSX. For
> MacPython-OS9 I've always included these, as the OS9 installed tree
> was really the same layout as the source tree. But I don't really
> know where I should put them for OSX.

Surely this is more a question about OSX than Python?  I.e. the
examples should go where the user expects them.
/Developer/Examples/Python?  Of course, not everyone who installs
Python will have the dev tools...

Cheers,
M.

--
  Need to Know is usually an interesting UK digest of things that
  happened last week or might happen next week. [...] This week,