[Python-Dev] Windows installer request...

Tim Peters tim.one@comcast.net
Mon, 05 May 2003 11:14:07 -0400

[Bjorn Pettersen]
> Would it be possible for the windows installer to use $SYSTEMDRIVE$ as
> the default installation drive instead of C:? (On my XP box, C: is my
> zip-drive, and E: is my SYSTEMDRIVE(*) -- I'm now re-installing :-)

Are you saying that the "Select Destination Directory" dialog box doesn't
allow you to select your E: drive?  Or just that you'd rather not need to
select the drive you want?

> If it's considered a good idea, and someone can point me to where the
> change has to be made, I'd be more than willing to produce a patch...

I apparently left this comment in the Wise script:

    Note from Tim:  doesn't seem to be a way to get the true boot drive,
    the Wizard hardcodes "C".

So, AFAIK, there isn't a straightforward way to get Wise 8.14 to suggest a
drive other than C:.  Perhaps it would work better for you if I removed the
Wizard-generated hardcoded "C:" (I don't know which drive Wise would pick
then), but since yours is the only complaint about this I've seen, and I
have no way to test such a change, I'm very reluctant to fiddle with it.