[Python-Dev] Windows installer request...

Martin v. Löwis martin@v.loewis.de
05 May 2003 22:43:17 +0200

Tim Peters <tim.one@comcast.net> writes:

> Are you saying that the "Select Destination Directory" dialog box doesn't
> allow you to select your E: drive?  Or just that you'd rather not need to
> select the drive you want?

I second the second; I noticed that Python installed on the "wrong
drive" (i.e. the W9x installation) only after installation was
complete. I don't know (and can't check at the moment) whether it
offered me to pick e:. It probably did, but I don't know for sure.

> So, AFAIK, there isn't a straightforward way to get Wise 8.14 to suggest a
> drive other than C:.  Perhaps it would work better for you if I removed the
> Wizard-generated hardcoded "C:" (I don't know which drive Wise would pick
> then), but since yours is the only complaint about this I've seen, and I
> have no way to test such a change, I'm very reluctant to fiddle with it.

I have the same complaint, and I'd happily test any updated installer.

Regards,
Martin