[Python-Dev] MS VC 7 offer

Paolo Invernizzi paoloinvernizzi@dmsware.com
Thu, 08 May 2003 14:25:21 +0200

M.-A. Lemburg wrote:

> That's good to know (btw, how do you tell distutils which VC
> version to use ? or does it find out by itself using the
> Python time machine ;-).

I simply run the right .bat file that sets all the needed variables
before running the setup.py  ;-)

> If someone volunteers to maintain such a branch, I suppose
> there's nothing preventing it :-)

As I guessed :-)
I think that the next release of scons can open new perspectives... (see

> Perhaps we should look at the offer in a different light...
>
> What advantage would the move from VC6 to VC7 give Python users ?

I don't know if there are advantages on *moving*... but I'm concerned on
*adding*... a VC7 plus a VC6 release...

---
Paolo Invernizzi