[Python-Dev] Make _strptime only time.strptime implementation?

Brett Cannon drifty@alum.berkeley.edu
Fri, 9 May 2003 02:31:26 -0700 (PDT)

[Tim Peters]

> As we left it, we were going to wait for the 2.3 alpha and beta testers to
> raise a stink if the new implementation didn't work out for them (you'll
> recall that the call to the platform strptime() is disabled in 2.3b1, via an
> unconditional
>
> #undef HAVE_STRPTIME
>
> in timemodule.c).  Nobody has even cut a little gas yet,

I got a single email from someone asking me to change the functionality so
that it would raise an exception if part of the input string was not
parsed.  Otherwise I found one error and dealt with it.

> so I'd proceed under the assumption that nobody will, and that the
> disable HAVE_STRTIME code will be physically deleted.  If that turns out
> to be wrong, big deal, you stay up all night fixing it under intense
> pressure <wink>.

OK.  If by 2.3b2 no one has said anything I will go ahead and cut out the
C code and update the docs.

-Brett