[Python-Dev] MS VC 7 offer

M.-A. Lemburg mal@lemburg.com
Fri, 09 May 2003 22:15:23 +0200

Tim Peters wrote:
> [M.-A. Lemburg]
>
>>How about adding support for VC7 features in 2.4
>
> AFAIK, current CVS Python compiles under VC7 now.

That's nice :-) I meant: adding features from VC7 to Python.

>>and starting the transition in 2.5 ?
>
> I expect that mostly depends on who's doing the work.  PLabs Windows
> development is on auto-pilot (aka benign neglect).  The first person to
> volunteer time to do anything here gets to set the policy for the next two
> decades <0.9 wink>.

How come ? I always thought that Zope's main deployment platform
is Windows....

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Software directly from the Source  (#1, May 09 2003)
EuroPython 2003, Charleroi, Belgium:                        46 days left