[Python-Dev] Random SF tracker ettiquete questions

Brett C. drifty@alum.berkeley.edu
Mon, 12 May 2003 01:09:12 -0700

First, do we care about closing RFEs?  I realized that Skip does not
keep count of them in his weekly summary so I am not sure how much we
care about them.  Should I waste my time wading through them to close them?

Second, when is it okay to reassign a tracker item to yourself or close
an item that is assigned to another person?  I ask this because Fred has
some patches assigned to him that I think I can close myself, but I
don't want to step on his toes since they are assigned to him.

Third, when does someone warrant being mentioned in the ACKS.txt file?
Only when they have done some significant body of work?  Or does
committing even a one-line patch warrant inclusion?

-Brett

P.S.: Python got to #6 on SF's most active projects.  Maybe I am
overdoing the comments on patches.  =)