[Python-Dev] Introduction

Tim Peters tim.one@comcast.net
Wed, 21 May 2003 23:11:51 -0400

[Jeffery Roberts]
> I'm new to the list and thought I would quickly introduce myself. My
> name is Jeff and I am a university student [4th year] living in
> Toronto.
>
> I would love to be able to help with Python-dev in some way. I'm
> especially interested in issues directly related to the interpreter
> itself.  I have gained some compiler development experience while at
> the university and would love to continue working in this area.
>
> If anyone has any thoughts or suggestions on how best I could proceed
> in this direction, I would love to hear them.

As Christian said, you should enjoy pypy (an ambitious new project).  Less
ambitious is a rewrite of the front end, currently in progress on the
ast-branch branch of the Python CVS repository.  If you'd like to get your
feet wet first, there's always a backlog of Python bug and patch reports on
SourceForge begging for attention.  Check out

    http://www.python.org/dev/

for orientation, and leave your spare time at the door <wink>.