[Python-Dev] Algoritmic Complexity Attack on Python

Scott A Crosby scrosby@cs.rice.edu
29 May 2003 16:10:04 -0500

On 29 May 2003 17:01:19 -0400, Jeremy Hylton <jeremy@zope.com> writes:

> Scott,
>
> I just too a minute too look at this.  I downloaded the python-attack
> file from your Web site.  I loading all the strings and then inserted
> them into a dictionary.  I also generated a list of 10,000 random
> strings and inserted them into a dictionary.

Ok. It should have taken almost a minute instead of .08 seconds in the
attack version.  My file is broken. I'll be constructing a new one
later this evening.  If you test perl with the perl files, you'll see
what should have occured in this case.

> The script is below.

Thank you.

Scott