[Python-Dev] check-in policy, trunk vs maintenance branch

Alex Martelli aleaxit at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 3 17:24:14 EST 2003

On Monday 03 November 2003 17:50, Sjoerd Mullender wrote:
> Alex Martelli wrote:
> > On Monday 03 November 2003 04:01 pm, Anthony Baxter wrote:
> >>  - Functionality changes are controversial. Unless there's been a
> >>discussion and agreement (or BDFL fiat <wink>) on python-dev, it
> >> shouldn't
> >
> > Surely the BDFL could afford a better car than _that_?!-)
>
> It *is* the car he used to drive in Amsterdam...

Ah, NOW I finally understand the occasional acrimony...!  I will point out
that although I _am_ Italian, and did use to work for mech CAD giant
think3, our CAD programs were NOT used by FIAT (by Pininfarina, yes, but
then their industrial designs are widely used by firms all over the world)
-- I drive a Honda car, and back when I was a biker I drove a Honda bike
(and my NON-motor bike is an Atala:-).

Better...?-)

Alex