[Python-Dev] XXX undetected error (why=3)

Jeremy Hylton jeremy at alum.mit.edu
Tue Nov 4 01:10:12 EST 2003

I've been seeing these problems sporadically over the last several
months.  Fred and I tracked one of them down to a bug in pyexpat.c.  I
noticed several more running the Zope 3 test suite today.

I'd like to change the code for the check to call Py_FatalError()
instead of printing a message to stderr.  The check is only enabled
during a debug build.  I'd be much happier debugging this from a core
dump than trying to figure out what happened to cause the message to be
printed.

Any objections?

Jeremy