[Python-Dev] Re: PEP 322: Reverse Iteration

Guido van Rossum guido at python.org
Wed Nov 5 10:02:55 EST 2003

> Among the comp.lang.python crowd, nearly everyone supported some form of
> the PEP (with varying preferences on the name or where to put it).  The
> community participation rate was high with about 120 posts across four
> threads contributing to hammering out the current version of the pep.

How many participants in those 120 posts?  (I recall a thread where
one individual posted 100 messages. :-)

> Is there anything else that needs to be done in the way of research,
> voting, or cheerleading for pep to be accepted?

Yes.  I'm getting cold feet about __reversed__.  Some folks seem to
think that reversed() can be made to work on many iterators by having
the iterator supply __reversed__; I think this is asking for trouble
(e.g. you already pointed out why it couldn't be done for
enumerate()).

I also still think that a reversed [x]range() would give us a bigger
bang for the buck -- less bang, but also a lot less bucks. :-)