[Python-Dev] check-in policy, trunk vs maintenance branch

Anthony Baxter anthony at interlink.com.au
Fri Nov 7 11:01:51 EST 2003

>>> Jack Jansen wrote
> Is it okay to apply fixes to the branch only when I know the relevant
> portions of the trunk will disappear before 2.4?
>
> I've done some fixes to the MacPython IDE that I did only on the
> release23-maint branch, because the plan is that the IDE will be
> replaced by something completely different soon...

I'd prefer to see them applied to the trunk as well, unless it's a
significant amount of work to do so.

Plans (and workloads) change, and big replacement/rewrites sometimes
don't happen. Going through changelogs (much) after the fact to try
and find missed trunk->branch or branch->trunk patches is a nightmare.

Anthony