[Python-Dev] string substitution fxn in a new module (was: Can we please have a better dict interpolation syntax?)

Brett C. bac at OCF.Berkeley.EDU
Sat Nov 8 19:33:30 EST 2003

Guido van Rossum wrote:

> I have too much on my plate (spent too much on generator expressions
> lately :-).
>
> I am bowing out of the variable substitution discussion after noting
> that putting it in a module would be a great start (like for sets).

This idea seemed to die for no apparent reason.  Fred, Skip, and Barry
all liked the idea of adding the string substitution code to a module
(one idea for a name was textutils) and Guido obviously seems receptive
to the idea.

Do people feel like moving forward with a new module?

-Brett