[Python-Dev] other "magic strings" issues

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake at acm.org
Mon Nov 10 11:01:48 EST 2003

Dan Sugalski writes:
 > Digits change for Unicode as well. Plus they get potentially...
 > interesting in some cases, where the digit-ness of a character is arguably
 > contextually driven, but I think that can be ignored. Most of the time, at
 > least.

That depends on how we define "digits" for this purpose.  I've always
thought of the *digits strings as true constants; other may disagree.

I understand that the digit-ness of a Unicode character is defined in
more interesting ways than simply the ASCII characters 0-9.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at acm.org>
PythonLabs at Zope Corporation