[Python-Dev] Re: [Python-checkins] python/dist/src/Lib modulefinder.py, 1.7, 1.8

Thomas Heller theller at python.net
Fri Nov 14 11:59:36 EST 2003

Guido van Rossum <guido at python.org> writes:

> Have you tested freeze after this?  I'm not sure that receiving
> extension module files won't confuse it.

>From what I remember, freeze has never 'worked' for me on windows -
maybe I didn't try hard enough.

Apart from that, modulefinder also finds extension modules in other
ways, so I would guess freeze must be able to handle them.

So, I would like to leave testing freeze to people and on platforms were
it actually is used.

If this means that this change must be backed out again in the 2.3
branch, so be it.

Thomas