[Python-Dev] Small bug -- direct check-in allowed?

Anthony Baxter anthony at interlink.com.au
Sat Nov 15 11:51:28 EST 2003

>>> Armin Rigo wrote
> Hello,
>
> Just asking because I'm not sure about this rule: is it ok if I just make a
> check-in without first posting a SF bug or patch report for small bugs with an
> obvious solution ?

One twist to this - as someone who does release management, I'd prefer that
if the bug has been in a released version of Python, it has a bug # that
can be referenced in the NEWS file for a release. If, as in this case, it's
in stuff that's never been released (I assume the bug is in Raymond's new
C-code heapq module), I don't particularly care.

If others agree with this, perhaps it should go in the developer docs on
the website...

Anthony