[Python-Dev] Ripping out Macintosh support

Greg Ewing greg at cosc.canterbury.ac.nz
Thu Nov 20 17:32:38 EST 2003

Jack Jansen <Jack.Jansen at cwi.nl>:

> As you may have noticed if you follow the checkins mailing list I've
>enthusiastically started ripping out 90% of the work I did on Python
>the last 10 years

What are you ripping out, exactly? I hope you're not getting rid of
Carbon too soon, because I'm in the midst of doing a Mac version of my
Python GUI using it!

Mind you, the main reason I chose to use Carbon in the first place was
so that there was some chance the same version would work on both 9
and X. But if there's never going to be a Python for MacOS 9 at all,
ever again, maybe I should just give up now and re-do it all using
PyObjC or something?