[Python-Dev] Time for 2.3.3?

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Fri Nov 21 12:09:41 EST 2003

Gustavo Niemeyer <niemeyer at conectiva.com> writes:

> Yes, he seems to belive that the new SRE scheme was introduced in 2.3,
> but these tests should still expect RuntimeError in 2.3.

I was under the impression (and slightly alarmed) that the recursion
removal gimmicks had been backported from the trunk to the
release23-maint branch.  Was that not the case?  (If so, phew).  If
that *wasn't* the case, then why were the tests failing for Anthony
before he made that checkin?

Cheers,
mwh

--
  Or here's an even simpler indicator of how much C++ sucks: Print
  out the C++ Public Review Document.  Have someone  hold it about