[Python-Dev] Int FutureWarnings and other 2.4 TODOs

Guido van Rossum guido at python.org
Sun Nov 23 23:34:03 EST 2003

There's a bunch of FutureWarnings e.g. about 0xffffffff<<1 that
promise they will disappear in Python 2.4.  If anyone has time to fix
these, I'd appreciate it.  (It's not just a matter of removing the
FutureWarnings -- you actually have to implement the promised future
behavior. :-) I may get to these myself, but they're not exactly
rocket science, so they might be a good thing for a beginning
developer (use SF please if you'd like someone to review the changes
first).

Another -- much bigger -- TODO is to implement generator expressions
(PEP 289).  Raymond asked for help but I don't think he got any,
unless it was offered through private email.  Anyone interested?

(Of course, I don't want any of this to interfere with the work to get
2.3.3 out in December.)