[Python-Dev] Banishing apply(), buffer(), coerce(), and intern()

Gerrit Holl gerrit at nl.linux.org
Sat Nov 29 10:37:12 EST 2003

[Gerrit]
> > I would like to nominate input() also. It is often misused by beginners.

[Guido van Rossum]
> So I say let's be kind on input().

Fine with me :)

But... at [0], raw_input() and input() are mentioned as minor regrets,
as functions which should actually not have been builtins. Have you now
changed your mind, or did I misinterpret [0], or is it something else?

[0] http://www.python.org/doc/essays/ppt/regrets/PythonRegrets.pdf

yours,
Gerrit.

--
134. If any one be captured in war and there is not sustenance in his
house, if then his wife go to another house this woman shall be held