[Python-Dev] Procedures for submitting patches to pybsddb

Gregory P. Smith greg at electricrain.com
Wed Oct 1 01:27:23 EDT 2003

On Sun, Sep 28, 2003 at 12:52:52AM -0400, Itamar Shtull-Trauring wrote:
> I have a patch (DBCursor.get_current_size(), returns size of data for
> current entry) which I'd like to submit. This involves changes to
> pybsddb cvs as well as python cvs, from what I can tell (for tests and
> docs in the pybsddb repo).
>
> While I have developer access to pybsddb, I don't have it for Python.
> Submitting patches for two different repositories seems cumbersome, so
> where should I add it? Python SF tracker?

If you submit the patch to the python project there's less dependance
on me to check it and commit it.  I suggest just including the pybsddb
repository diffs as a second file in the patch and email the pybsddb-users
mailing list afterwards pointing to it.

If a patch is submitted to pybsddb; i'll usually notice and do the right
thing, but many less eyes watch that patch manager.  The pybsddb-users
email is a nice headsup because i read that low volume list more often
than python-dev.

-g