[Doc-SIG] Re: [Python-Dev] Documentation packages

Brett C. bac at OCF.Berkeley.EDU
Wed Oct 1 20:37:46 EDT 2003

Barry Warsaw wrote:

> On Wed, 2003-10-01 at 16:24, Fred L. Drake, Jr. wrote:
>

>>Interesting; I don't recall the last time I had to build my own
>>bzip2.  I'm pretty sure I didn't do anything special to get it on
>>RedHat recently.
>

> No, I'm sure you didn't.  bzip2 decompression should be standard on RH9,
> and there's even a tar option to read and write it.

Considering RH hosts the bzip2 site I would hope you could build on
their OS.  =)

> What I don't know
> is whether bz2 decompression is generally available on MacOSX...

It is; StuffIt can decompress it.  I just downloaded the GNU Info docs
and had no problem with double-clicking the file and decompressing.

-Brett