[Python-Dev] 2.3.3 plans

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Mon Oct 6 05:44:39 EDT 2003

Anthony Baxter <anthony at interlink.com.au> writes:

> I'm currently thinking of doing 2.3.3 in about 3 months time. My focus
> on 2.3.3 will be on fixing the various build glitches that we have on
> various platforms - I'd like to see 2.3.3 build on as many boxes as
> possible, "out of the box".

This sounds good.  It would be nice to have a more sustained effort
this time, and also to get on board people who know the problem
platforms (as opposed to "logging on to a testdrive machine and
flailing").

What platforms have issues that we know about?  There's old SCO (but
the fix for that is known), HPUX/ia64, various oddities on Irix.

Cheers,
mwh

--
  You owe the Oracle a star-spangled dunce cap.
                 -- Internet Oracularity Internet Oracularity #1299-08