[Python-Dev] RE: More informative error messages

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Thu Oct 9 05:49:23 EDT 2003

Greg Ewing <greg at cosc.canterbury.ac.nz> writes:

>> It struck me with force when I was looking at Perl's version of an
>> adaptive mergesort last year, and got jealous of how much shorter and
>> clearer the C code could be when every stinkin' call didn't have to be
>> followed by an error test-and-branch.
>
> Rewrite they Python core in Pyrex.

That wouldn't alleviate the runtime cost, would it?

Maybe one day this sort of fundamental rearrangement will be easier to
play with, thanks to PyPy.

Cheers,
mwh
(who has some similarly impractical ideas about memory management...)

--
  If i don't understand lisp, it would be wise to not bray about
  how lisp is stupid or otherwise criticize, because my stupidity