[Python-Dev] MacPython - access to FinderInfo of a directory

Greg Ewing greg at cosc.canterbury.ac.nz
Sat Oct 11 21:13:54 EDT 2003

I discovered recently that the File Manager wrappings in
MacPython don't seem to provide any way of getting at the
FinderInfo of a directory, because GetFInfo/SetFInfo only
work on files, and access to the finderInfo field of the
FSCatalogInfo structure hasn't been implemented.

I have come up with a patch to _Filemodule.c to remedy
this, but patching this file directly probably isn't the
right thing to do, because it seems to have been generated
automatically using bgen. Unfortunately I don't know
enough about bgen to fix this properly.

Should I go ahead and submit a patch anyway, and hope
that someone will be able to reverse-engineer it into
whatever fix is appropriate? It would be good to get
this incorporated into the standard distribution if
possible.