[Python-Dev] buildin vs. shared modules

Thomas Heller theller at python.net
Thu Oct 16 15:38:01 EDT 2003

"Martin v. Löwis" <martin at v.loewis.de> writes:

> I don't see why it matters, though. Adding modules to pythonxy.dll
> does not increase the memory consumption if the modules are not
> used. It might decrease the memory consumption in case the modules are
> used.

So, would a patch be accepted (for 2.4, I assume there is no way for
2.3.3) which made everything builtin except for the following modules:

_testcapi - not used outside the testsuite
_tkinter - needs external stuff anyway
pyexpat - may be replaced by a third party module
_ssl - needs Python to be built

Thomas