[Python-Dev] accumulator display syntax

Alex Martelli aleaxit at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 21 12:50:25 EDT 2003

On Tuesday 21 October 2003 06:34 pm, Skip Montanaro wrote:
> would like to toss one of each.  The list comprehension syntax seems the
> more obvious (to me) syntax to keep while it would appear there are some
> advantages to the lazy list comprehension semantics (enumerate (parts of)
> infinite sequences, better memory usage, some performance improvements).

Yes to both points.   Hmmm...

> should look at other alternatives which don't introduce new syntax,
> including morphing list comprehensions into lazy list comprehensions or

...as long as this can be done WITHOUT breaking a ton of my code...

> leaving lazy list comprehensions out of the language, at least in 2.x.  As

Eeek.  Maybe.  Sigh.  3 years or so (best case, assuming 2.4 is the last
of the 2.*'s) before I can teach and deploy lazy comprehensions?-(

Hmmm... what about skipping 2.4, and making a beeline for 3.0...?-)

Alex