[Python-Dev] accumulator display syntax

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Tue Oct 21 15:56:08 EDT 2003

    Guido> I expect that most iterator comprehensions (we need a better
    Guido> term!)

You didn't like "lazy list comprehensions"?

    Guido> We can quibble about whether double parentheses are needed, ...

You haven't convinced me that you're not going to want to toss out one of
the two comprehension syntaxes and only retain the lazy semantics in Py3k.
If that's the case and the current list comprehension syntax is better than
the current crop of proposals, why even add (lazy list|iterator)
comprehensions now?  Just make do without them until Py3k and make all list
comprehensions lazy at that point.  There will be enough other bullets to
bite that this shouldn't be a big deal (many programs will probably require
significant rewriting anyway).

Skip