[Python-Dev] accumulator display syntax

Samuele Pedroni pedronis at bluewin.ch
Wed Oct 22 08:12:35 EDT 2003

At 23:02 21.10.2003 -0700, Guido van Rossum wrote:

> >     Samuele Pedroni provided the example of late binding.
>
>(But he wanted generator expressions *not* to use late binding!)

to be honest no, I was just arguing for coherent behavior between
generator expressions and closures, Tim and Phillip J. Eby  argued (are
arguing) against late binding.

It is true that successively in an OT-way I mildly proposed
non-late-binding semantics but for _all_ closures wrt to free variables
apart from globals,
  but I got that a fraction of people still would like rebinding support
for closer-over vars (something I don't miss personally) , and there are
subtle issues wrt recursive references, which while solvable would make the
semantics rather DWIMish
, not a good thing.

Samuele.