[Python-Dev] Re: [Python-checkins] python/dist/src/Modules/expat macconfig.h, NONE, asciitab.h,, expat.h, 1.5, iasciitab.h,, internal.h, 1.1, latin1tab.h,, utf8tab.h,, winconfig.h,, xmlparse.c, 1.5, xmlrole.c, 1.5, xmltok.c, 1.3, xmltok_impl.c, 1.2, expat.h.in,, NONE

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake at acm.org
Wed Oct 22 15:44:41 EDT 2003

Thomas Heller writes:
 > I'm getting compile errors on Windows (in the release-23maint branch,
 > haven't tried in the trunk yet):

I'll bet they match.  ;-)

 > C:\sf\python\dist\src-maint23\Modules\expat\xmlparse.c(76) : fatal error
 > C1189: #error : memmove does not exist on this platform, nor is a
 > substitute available

Hmm.  I see PC\pyconfig.h doesn't define HAVE_MEMMOVE; this gets
defined in the configure-generated pyconfig.h for the Linux systems I
tested this on.

Doesn't Windows always have memmove()?  (I *think* it does based on a
quick look at msdn.microsoft.com, but who knows for sure...)

I'm not sure how extension building works on Windows; if setup.py is
used, you should be able to define HAVE_MEMMOVE in PC\pyconfig.h,
otherwise you can define it in the relevant .dsp file.

Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at acm.org>
PythonLabs at Zope Corporation