[Python-Dev] memmove() in Expat

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake at acm.org
Wed Oct 22 16:43:31 EDT 2003

Tim Peters writes:
 > memmove is a standard ANSI C function so can be used freely (Python requires
 > ANSI C).

Cool; thanks!

Thomas Heller writes:
 > Ah, you mean pyconfig.h is not included by the expat files?
 > Ok, in this case it will have to go into the .dsp.

That's right; the problem isn't pyexpat.c, which imports pyconfig.h
via Python.h.  The #error is in the Expat sources, which we're using
unmodified, and Expat is more tolerant of non-ANSI platforms.

I'd rather see HAVE_MEMMOVE added to the .dsp than use modified Expat
sources.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at acm.org>