[Python-Dev] PEP 289: Generator Expressions (second draft)

Guido van Rossum guido at python.org
Thu Oct 23 02:42:12 EDT 2003

I've checked in an update to Raymond's PEP 289 which (I hope)
clarifies a lot of things, and settles the capturing of free
variables.

Raymond, please take this to c.l.py for feedback!  Wear asbestos. :-)

I'm sure there will be plenty of misunderstandings in the discussion
there.  If these are due to lack of detail or clarity in the PEP, feel
free to update the PEP.  If there are questions that need us to go
back to the drawing board or requiring BDFL pronouncement, take it
back to python-dev.