[Python-Dev] Re: product()

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Thu Oct 23 10:08:11 EDT 2003

    David> Maybe it would be useful to get some feeling for how much other
    David> functions get used in reduce?

Looking at my own code collection I found five instances of reduce(), all
used either a defined sum function or the equivalent lambda.  There are
probably many other contexts where I might have used reduce, but where it
either didn't occur to me or didn't make the code easier to read or faster.
I'd be happy if you deprecated reduce() today. ;-)

Skip