[Python-Dev] cleanup order

Brett C. bac at OCF.Berkeley.EDU
Fri Oct 24 16:59:57 EDT 2003

Thomas Heller wrote:

> Is the cleanup order at Python shutdown documented somewhere?
>
> The only thing I found is the (old) essay
> http://www.python.org/doc/essays/cleanup.html

The summarized history of python-dev to the rescue (thanks to Google's
restricted domain searching and "python-dev Summary" as a keyword).  =)

http://www.python.org/dev/summary/2003-04-01_2003-04-15.html
http://www.python.org/dev/summary/2003-09-16_2003-09-30.html

Just search in these docs for "shutdown" and "cleanup".  Most of it is
over threads not being terminated before shutdown begins, but the basic
order and such is discussed and spilled out.  And the April one has it
told as if it was being explained to a grade school class (one of my
more creative, quirky summaries if I do say so myself).

-Brett