[Python-Dev] test_bsddb blocks while testing popitem (?)

Alex Martelli aleaxit at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 26 05:42:05 EST 2003

On Sunday 26 October 2003 00:10, Guido van Rossum wrote:
> > On Sat, 2003-10-25 at 06:32, Alex Martelli wrote:
> > > I guess it had been a while since I ran 'make test' on the 2.4
> > > cvs... can't find this bug in the bugs db and I'd just like a
> > > quick sanity check (if the bug's already there or if I'm doing
> > > something weird) before I add it.
> >
> > Jeremy and I have both seen similar hangs in 2.4cvs.
> >
> > -Barry
>
> Ditto for me on RH9.

So does anybody have a better idea of what's going on...?  I can't
see what's different in 2.4cvs vs 2.3cvs bsddb module that makes
the former repeatably hang in test_popitem while the latter breezes
thru all tests...!-(  And neither can diff, neither for bsddbmodule.c
nor for test_bsddb.py ...

Alex