[Python-Dev] Looking for master thesis ideas involving Python

Brett C. bac at OCF.Berkeley.EDU
Tue Oct 28 21:01:38 EST 2003

Today I got the wheels turning on my masters thesis by getting an
adviser.  Now I just need a topic.  =)  The big goal is to do something
involving Python for a thesis to be finished by fall of next year (about
October) so as to have it done, hopefully published (getting into LL4
would be cool), and ready to be used for doctoral applications come
January 2005.

So, anyone have any ideas?  The best one that I can think of is optional
type-checking.  I am fairly open to ideas, though, in almost any area
involving language design.

There is no deadline to this, so if an idea strikes you a while from now
still let me know.  I suspect I won't settle on an idea any sooner than
December, and that is only if the idea just smacks me in the face and
says, "DO THIS!"  Otherwise it might be a while since I don't want to
take up a topic that won't interest me or is not helpful in some way.

-Brett