[Python-Dev] Looking for master thesis ideas involving Python

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Wed Oct 29 13:33:41 EST 2003

"Phillip J. Eby" <pje at telecommunity.com> writes:

> * Direct use of positional arguments on the stack as the "locals" of
>   the next function called, without creating (and then unpacking) an
>   argument tuple, in the case where there are no */** arguments
>   provided by the caller.

Already done, unless I misunderstand your idea.  Well, the arguments
might still get copied into the new frame's locals area but I'm pretty
sure no tuple is involved.

Cheers,
mwh

--
  That being done, all you have to do next is call free() slightly
  less often than malloc(). You may want to examine the Solaris