[Python-Dev] Looking for master thesis ideas involving Python

Dennis Allison allison at sumeru.stanford.EDU
Wed Oct 29 17:55:08 EST 2003

Measuring the size of a project is difficult.  This one would require (I
think) some significant out-of-the-box thinking.  There are a number of
resource which could be brought to bear in addition to Herlihy's work on
synchronization, for example, Kourosh Gharachorloo's work on programming
for the Stanford Dash MP where he toyed with the issues involved with
building synchronization independent (that is, lock independent)
programs.