[Python-Dev] Re: Guido's Magic Code was: inline sort option

Alex Martelli aleaxit at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 31 03:03:35 EST 2003

On Thursday 30 October 2003 07:19 pm, Guido van Rossum wrote:
> > >I'm not convinced that we have a problem (beyond Alex lying awake at
> > >night, that it :-).

As it happens I just had a very unusual ten-hours-of-sleep night, so I don't
think you need to worry:-).

> > on instances of the class), and thus it would be nice for it to be
> > exposed for folks like me who'd take advantage of it.  (Especially if PEP
> > 318 is being implemented.)
>
> I mostly just proposed it to placate Alex; I think he's overly worried
> in this case.  PEP 318 seems a ways off.

OK, then it does appear to me that new descriptors may wait for PEP 318
to mature, and list.sorted be left as is for now.  Hopefully both can be taken
into consideration before 2.4 is finalized, since that time is also "a ways
off", no doubt.

Alex