[Python-Dev] Re: Be Honest about LC_NUMERIC [REPOST]

Martin v. Löwis martin at v.loewis.de
Mon Sep 1 23:19:09 EDT 2003

Gustavo J A M Carneiro <gjc at inescporto.pt> writes:

>   Perhaps I was wrong to have done it this way...  Anyway, replacing the
> g* types is trivial with any decent text editor.

It's more than that. We want you to fully understand the patch, and to
spot errors in it even before the glib developers find them. We want
you to provide a minimalistic patch, that just implements the required
functionality, and nothing else. We want the patch to be maintainable
due to it being easy to read and follow, instead of being maintainable
due to the fact that it is identical with some code elsewhere in the
world.

Regards,
Martin