[Python-Dev] Documenting branch policy

Greg Ward gward at python.net
Tue Sep 9 09:24:47 EDT 2003

On 09 September 2003, Barry Warsaw said:
> That's a good point.  Release branches are probably overkill for
> alpha/beta/rc releases, but probably make sense for final releases.  We
> actually did create one for 2.3, but I screwed up when I named it and
> that caused a tiny bit of pain in moving to the maintenance branch.
> OTOH, for a final release, maybe release branch == maintenance branch.

Well, if nothing else this thread has demonstrated that I'm *not* the only
one who's a little confused by the release/maintenance branching policy.
*phew*!

        Greg
--
Greg Ward <gward at python.net>                         http://www.gerg.ca/
Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they *aren't* out to get you.